Tuesday 28 November 2017

Unity 2D UFO MODS

Which step in the list above was the most challenging for you? In a short paragraph, describe why it was particularly difficult or what problems you had, as well as what steps you took to solve those problems and what you learned in the process.


It was a pain figuring out how to add the new score text and making sure it would increase my score with the good pickups and decrease my score with the bad pickups. The other big issue was Win, Tie and Lose. I finally figured out and it was very simple. I didn't need to create separate text strings, just have winText change to "Tie!" or "You lose!" depending on my score. The game finishes when count is 12 but your score determines the results. Finally figuring out a good balance in the game which is Score > 8 = LOSE. Score >12= TIE and of course Score=12 is a WIN. I figured out some of the things on my own after time and my friend Daemon helped me a lot as well.

Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DW8_bs70q987o0Qx09T096ktHj-wc_8v

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, Josh! Thanks for all your hard work. I've also updated your first UFO game mark.

    ReplyDelete